Let’s review a few historical facts about the Civil War:
- This was not a war about unions or collective bargaining.
- This was not a war about abortion.
- This was not a war about access to healthcare
- This was not a war about access to education.
- This was not a war about budgets.
- This was a hot war, shooty things happened, blood spurted, stuff blew up, people died and that was a feature not a bug.
Also, the Republicans were the winners and on the right and moral side of that war. The Democrats were the losers and on the wrong and immoral side of that war.
Jesse Jackson is a boneheaded idiot. I’m quite sad that he appears as a spokesman for stupidity so very, very often.
I hate to bring this up to Mr. Jackson, to remind him, but – the current budget woes are the direct fault of Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Barack Hussien Obama. The budget currently being discussed is the budget THEY failed to pass LAST YEAR WHEN THEY HELD ALL THE POWER. The 2010 Speaker of the House, Leader of the Senate and President of the United States refused/failed/ignored/whatever to perform one of their primary duties as officials of the United States – to produce and pass a budget. This is not the Republican’s fault. This budget problem is the Democrats fault. Period.