These are the top 10 things that annoyed me unnecessarily this week:
- People who don’t use the sidewalk. Why? Why not use a perfectly good sidewalk? Yesterday some woman who had to be in her 50’s was walking in the street, a four lane very busy street. Next to her was a wide, clean, clear sidewalk. One lane was slowed down by people trying not to run over this dunderhead. It is unbelievably selfish. And dangerous.
- Low talking. If I’ve had to ask you to speak up 5 times I’m already really annoyed with you. Just speak the heck up.
- Crowding drivers. Is this an effective ploy to get out of work? Are you hoping for an accident? Why do people drift over toward the car passing them?
- Waistbands around the thighs. This is a fashion choice I don’t get, it looks silly. But what really gets me are when afficianados of this particular fashion disaster WEAR THREADBARE UNDERWEAR! I really don’t want to see your butt through your BVD’s.
- Those bloody warranty renewal phone calls. I have even pressed one and asked for a manager to attempt to get them to stop calling me. I was hung up upon.
- The Latino junk mail I get just because I have a Spanish last name. This makes me crazy. Arrrgh! I don’t want butt puffers or penis enlargers aimed at Latinos. I don’t want advertisements for this stuff anyway, but do I really need to receive this crap just because I share a name with Cervantes?
- Celebrities spouting their political opinions. Just act, or sing or whatever it is you do. Then go back stage and be quiet. Please.
- Truthers. I really can’t stand these people. It doesn’t matter how much logic you use, how often the math, science and physics are proved. These people insist that something other than 19 terrorists using passenger planes as bombs brought down towers One and Two of New York City’s World Trade Center. It was especially offensive to see them out yesterday. Just offensive.
- People who forward political accusation emails before they check for the truth. It took me less than 30 seconds to do a search that revealed the picture of Sarah Palin in a bikini with a rifle in her hand was a fake. Go check the Annenenberg Project, run it through Scopes. Just don’t forward them to me.
- Dr. Andre Lalonde. This guy I can’t stand. I’m going to quote him, let him dig his own hole:
Lalonde says his primary concern is that women have the….
…choice of abortion and that greater public awareness of women making choices like Palin to complete a pregnancy and give birth to their genetically-abnormal baby could be detrimental and confusing to the women and their families.
What a total and absolute jerk. Back in the 20’s and 30’s this was called eugenics. And it’s reprehensible. In the 40’s it was called The Final Solution in a European country with a mad man at it’s head. Now it’s called “choice” and it’s offered as a way to protect women and their families from “confusion”? WTF? Big cowardly weenie. What a bone headed and grotesque reason to be worried.