10. The smell.
9. Face it, it’s one of the few legal stimulants you can safely brew in your own home.
8. It provides a cash crop for Columbia that can’t be snorted up your nose.
7. It provides a handy foil for my half and half habit.
6. It’s just sooooo good with chocolate.
5. I get to say “Sumatra” when I order my favorite beans at Peaberry’s. (say it like this ‘SooooooouuuuuuMAHtraaaaaahhh’)
4. When it’s done, it’s done, I don’t have to wonder if I can get a stronger caffiene kick if I leave it in the pot for one more minute. It only gets worse. Whereas tea gets stronger the longer the leaves are in the hot water, thus I end up drinking semi-warm tea half the time. Hot coffee is ready to drink the minute it’s through the grinds. Unless you use a French Press, which, though it makes the best coffee, is a pain to clean.
3. Holding the warm mug on a cold winter’s morning.
2. That lovely burn at the back of your throat when you gulp down the first sip early in the morning.
1. The taste, really I love it. Just half and half (see #7) and coffee, no sugar, no sprinkles, just the milk and the coffee. I like espresso straight up.